Statement of Faith
In essential beliefs - we have unity.
'There is one Body and one Spirit... there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all...'
In non-essential beliefs - we have liberty.
'Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters...Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls...So then each of us will give an account of himself to God...So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.'
Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22
In all our beliefs - we show charity.
'...If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains - but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.'
1 Corinthians 13:2 (Ph)
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, and the final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true man. Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, arose bodily from the grave and ascended to heaven where He is our Advocate. One day Jesus will return to earth as victorious Lord.
- We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict people of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe people were created in the image of God, but are now separated from God by sin. Because of God's grace, people are reconciled to God through faith in Christ alone as Lord and Savior.
- We believe in God's saving grace that calls forth from all people: faith, repentance, confession, baptism, and new life and ministry through the Spirit.
- We believe the true church is composed of all people who have trusted in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The church is identified locally by ministering congregations.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all humankind: the believer in Christ into everlasting joy, and the unbeliever into everlasting punishment.
- We believe the Lord's Supper is a symbol of faith in Jesus Christ that is to be observed by the church.