You are hereHome ›
Crossroads Vision 2012: Go Be The Church!
What does it mean to … GO BE THE CHURCH? …
- We want to be in a transforming relationship with Jesus, where we are submitting to Him daily as the authority in our lives.
- We want to be in authentic community with each other.
- We want to serve so that our community will come to know Jesus as Lord…
- Serve those in our sphere of influence- praying their hearts will be open to Jesus
- Serve needs in our community
- Serve our sister church in San Francisco, that it might take root and thrive in the sunset district.
- Serve in places of great need in the world- Haiti, Mexico, China, Africa
- Serve those serving in the Armed Forces.
A few ideas from our Crossroads staff on how we can carry out this vision...
- Be intentional to meet new neighbors
- Build relationships with non believers
- Organize a block party for the Spring.
- Every other Tuesday have a “Neighbor Night”- invite neighbor's for dinner or dessert.
- On the board at a camp
- Coaching in public schools
- Speak to others at the gym or other exercise classes
- Public school outreach - either a camp after school or some physical activity project
- Be a good and caring neighbor- find a need and fill it. (Help with meals, pick up mail, water lawn, etc.)
- Get involved with Browns Valley Elem. School (PTA / something)
- Have a “Red Tent” dinner for non Christian teen girls
- Do a BBQ once/mo. and invite neighbors
- At other outside interest classes, be that voice and heart to those around you